Gulf Air renews Sabre contract
Manama, October 31, 2011
Bahrain national carrier Gulf Air has renewed its contract with Sabre Airline Solutions, the airline's long-time business partner for a new reservations system software package.
A new multi-year contract for the SabreSonic Customer Sales and Service (CSS) suite of products was signed yesterday at the airline's Muharraq headquarters by Gulf Air chief executive officer Samer Majali and Sabre Airlines Solutions' general manager for Middle East and Africa Maher Koubaa.
'The renewal of Sabre Airline Solutions' contract demonstrates the decades-long relationship between the two travel industry leaders,' said Mr Majali.
'We believe that the new suite of products offered by Sabre not only meet the current needs of Gulf Air but also support the airline's future growth plans. Our ultimate aim is to provide a seamless travel experience to our customers while achieving cost efficiency and better management of our internal passenger service systems. We look forward to continuing working with Sabre.'
Koubaa said Gulf Air is a valued customer and 'we are committed to continue providing it with the industry's most comprehensive passenger service solutions and tools across its operations.
'The SabreSonic CSS suite of products is based on a fully-flexible technology platform that will help Gulf Air customise its products to support its present and future business plans.'
The SabreSonic CSS suite is a wide-ranging passenger service solution that offers end-to-end, fully-integrated customer service solutions - check-in facilities, reservations, ticketing, departure control and load planning - enabling Gulf Air to deliver an enhanced travel experience to its customers.
While it ensures a consistent, seamless experience for the customer from the beginning to the end of their journey, such as booking, ticketing, online and offline check-in, and seat selection, its inventory and reservations management capabilities allow Gulf Air for better revenue management across every channel of distribution in addition to comprehensive reporting and analysis.'
The new suite of products will be installed across Gulf Air's entire network beginning with its headquarters in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard