Abu Dhabi hotel launches spark global interest
London, November 9, 2011
The entry of deluxe hotel international brands into the Abu Dhabi market is generating a wave of interest at the World Travel Market (WTM), one of the world’s pre-eminent travel events being held in London.
A 23-strong delegation, led by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), is at WTM holding meetings with industry partners and promoting the emirate to the global travel industry.
The stakeholders include senior representatives from some of the Abu Dhabi debuted brands.
According to ADTA officials, a plethora of deluxe properties will be unveiled in the emirate by the world’s top hospitality brands, including Westin, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt, St. Regis and Jumeirah.
And, visitors are hearing there is yet more to come with the imminent entry of the Ritz-Carlton Grand Canal Abu Dhabi, the Hyatt Capital Gate and the towering Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.
The French luxury hotel operator Sofitel will open its first Abu Dhabi property in February. Part of the five-building Capital Plaza complex, the hotel will enjoy pride of place on the eastern tip of the city’s stunning Corniche.
“Traffic to the stand has been intense from the moment the show opened. Visitors are keen to know more about the new Sofitel. We’re expecting a great launch,” said Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche director of sales, Marketing and Distribution, Georges Abi Aad.
Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH) is behind two of the new outstanding properties, the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villa, a sanctuary for travellers on a nine-kilometre stretch of environmentally-protected Saadiyat beachfront, and The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, in the fashionable ‘Between The Bridges’ area, a hotel promising one- and two-bedroom villas will come complete with private plunge pools.
"We achieved 35 pre-arranged appointments with UK travel agents and tour operators even before WTM began, so this is proving to be an exceptional week for us," said Salik Mangrio, director of Sales and Marketing, Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi.
"We’re launching the first beachfront five-star hotel ever to open on Saadiyat and people are responsive to the message that the island is now genuinely a destination in itself," he noted.
St. Regis is another leading brand name to enter Abu Dhabi’s hospitality scene and is at WTM. Rooms in the deluxe The St. Regis Saadiyat Island overlook Saadiyat's pristine beach and Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, designed by the golfing legend Gary Player.
“We’ve had a busy start to WTM with 32 appointments scheduled already. There’s been great interest in the new hotel, because it’s the first St. Regis in the Middle East,” explained Marwan Fadel, area director of sales and marketing for St. Regis.
ADTA says the flurry of interest is set to continue over the next few days.
“We have also experienced strong media interest in recent and planned developments within the destination with major titles now seeking to step up their coverage of the emirate,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager, ADTA.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights