Kuwait's Alafco boosts A320neo order to $4.6bn
Dubai, November 14, 2011
Kuwaiti lessor Alafco placed a $4.6 billion expanded order for 50 Airbus A320neo passenger jets at the Dubai Air Show on Monday. The order supersedes a provisional order for 30 aircraft announced at the Paris Air Show in June.
Reuters reported last week that Alafco was expected to expand its order for A320neos, a revamped version of Airbus's best-selling narrowbody which competes with the Boeing 737.
Alafco chairman Ahmad Al Zabin said he was not greatly concerned about economic turmoil in Europe derailing long-term aircraft demand especially in the Middle East.
"We are talking long term, what is happening now is short term," he told a news conference. -Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jazeera to take delivery of new Airbus A320
- $1.5 billion theme resort planned in Jordan
- TCA Abu Dhabi launches new portal
- Emirates renovates lounge at Paris airport
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept