Kuwait's Alafco boosts A320neo order to $4.6bn
Dubai, November 14, 2011
Kuwaiti lessor Alafco placed a $4.6 billion expanded order for 50 Airbus A320neo passenger jets at the Dubai Air Show on Monday. The order supersedes a provisional order for 30 aircraft announced at the Paris Air Show in June.
Reuters reported last week that Alafco was expected to expand its order for A320neos, a revamped version of Airbus's best-selling narrowbody which competes with the Boeing 737.
Alafco chairman Ahmad Al Zabin said he was not greatly concerned about economic turmoil in Europe derailing long-term aircraft demand especially in the Middle East.
"We are talking long term, what is happening now is short term," he told a news conference. -Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain