Etihad, Malaysia Airlines in frequent flyer deal
Abu Dhabi, November 14, 2011
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, today announced a reciprocal Frequent Flyer agreement with codeshare partner Malaysia Airlines.
Etihad Guest programme members can now earn Etihad Guest Miles when flying on Malaysia Airlines. Members of Enrich, Malaysia Airlines’ loyalty and frequent flyer programme, can also earn Enrich Miles on Etihad Airways flights.
In both cases, the number of miles earned will depend upon the class of travel. Moreover, Etihad Guest Miles can be redeemed for Malaysia Airlines flights, and vice-versa.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “We are delighted to take our successful partnership with Malaysia Airlines to the next level by extending it with a close frequent flyer cooperation. This offers both airlines’ loyal customers the opportunity to earn and burn miles on each other’s network.”
Malaysia Airlines, the premium flag carrier of Malaysia, flies to more than a hundred destinations on six continents. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief