CAE wins $33m Emirates FSF order
Dubai, November 15, 2011
Emirates airline has awarded a $33.2 million contract to CAE, a leader in the modeling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence, for supply of two full-flight simulators (FFSs) - one each for Airbus A380 aircraft and Boeing 777.
Announcing this at the Dubai airshow, the Canada-based company said Boeing 777 FFS will be delivered to Emirates' training facility in Dubai in the first half of 2013, while the A380 FFS will be delivered in the second half.
'The Emirates brand is based on service excellence, and our pilots are at the heart of our customer service,' said Adel Al Redha, Emirates executive vice president, Engineering and Operations.
'CAE simulators deliver the technology advantage that consistently keeps our pilot training program at peak quality,' he noted.
Jeff Roberts, CAE's Group president for Civil Simulation Products, Training and Services, pointed out that Emirates has been a CAE simulator customer for nearly 20 years and a valued training centre partner for the past decade.
'We are pleased to play a key role in supporting Emirates' continued fleet and route growth,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow