Egypt PAS buys Bombardier jet
Dubai, November 15, 2011
Cairo-based Petroleum Air Services (PAS) has signed a contract with Bombardier Aerospace to acquire a CRJ900 NextGen regional jet.
The transaction also includes an option for another CRJ900 NextGen airliner, said a company statement.
'We require a proven jet aircraft to enhance services to our oil company customers and for our touristic destinations,” said General Gamil Morad Ismail, chairman and managing director, PAS.
“The CRJ900 has the performance we require in our harsh Middle Eastern operating environment; it has a comparatively low fuel burn; and based on our experience with our de Havilland and Bombardier turboprops, it will have the technical reliability we require,” he added.
It will be the first CRJ Series aircraft to operate in Egypt-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct