Emirates fleet to hit 250-plus by 2020
Dubai, November 16, 2011
Emirates airline will boost its fleet size to more than 250 aircraft by 2020, as the fast-growing operator continues its aggressive expansion, its chairman told a newspaper.
"We will be over 250 aircraft... maybe around 280 aircraft by 2020," Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum said in an interview with Gulf News.
Earlier this week, Emirates announced it was ordering an additional 50 Boeing 777 jetliners in a deal worth $18 billion, the largest commercial order by value in the US
Prior to this announcement, the Dubai-based carrier had 161 aircraft in service and 190 planes on order to be delivered over the next few years. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline