Gulf Air launches Entebbe flights
Manama, December 6, 2011
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, added Entebbe to its growing network, its third East African operation with four non-stop weekly flights between Entebbe and Bahrain.
The inaugural flight took off from Bahrain International Airport at 10:20 am landing in Entebbe International Airport at 15.45 pm carrying a high-level delegation onboard that included airline representatives and members of the media from the Middle East, led by the airline’s chief services officer Marcus Bernhardt.
The welcome ceremony included a water salute and an official reception by Uganda Civil Aviation Authority managing director, Dr W Rama Makuza.
“We are delighted to re-commence services to Entebbe, opening the doors for commercial and tourism opportunities in East Africa, the MENA region and beyond. We are confident this new route will be a success for both our passenger and cargo operations, and we look forward to facilitating business and leisure traffic between the two countries and beyond,” said Bernhardt.
Gulf Air will be operating an Airbus A320 in a two-class configuration of 16 seats in Falcon Gold and 120 in Economy with the capacity to carry four tonnes of freight. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn