Jazeera 'tops in ME marketshare'
Kuwait , December 10, 2011
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways said it had once again captured a leading market share on most of its routes including Alexandria, Assiut, Damascus, Luxor, Sharm El Sheikh and Sohag during October.
Jazeera in its monthly operational performance report said it was also the leading Kuwaiti operator to the majority of its destinations, including high-demand routes such as Beirut, Amman, Dubai and Istanbul in October.
The company secured the month-on-month lead in market share since July 2009 thanks to its expanding value offering to customers, great schedules, and operating at high on-time performance of 97 per cent during the month, said the report based on data from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA).
This makes the airline one of the most punctual airlines in the Middle East once again, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal