Bahrain Air appoints new CEO
Manama, December 14, 2011
Bahrain Air, the second national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, has appointed Richard Nuttall as chief executive officer.
Nuttall has taken over this new role with effect from December 1.
"I am both honoured and excited to be given this opportunity. Whilst 2011 has been an extremely challenging year for airlines operating within the Middle East, Bahrain Air has come a long way in its three years of operation. We have a great team and our goal now is to become Bahrain's airline of choice within the region,” said Nuttall.
Ibrahim ALHAMER, managing director of Bahrain Air, said, "We are glad that the Board of Directors took a wise decision by appointing Nuttall as CEO since he carries a wealth of experience in airline commercial operations.”
Prior to joining Bahrain Air as director Commercial Operations a year and half ago, Nuttall worked in senior positions with Cathay Pacific Airways, Philippine Airlines, Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings and Kenya Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens