Millennium hotel wins employer award
Dubai, December 20, 2011
Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, part of the Millennium & Copthorne hotel group, has won the top award in the large four-star hotel employer category at the first ever Catererglobal.com Best Employers in Hospitality Awards UAE.
The hotel’s success in winning the award is attributed to its ‘Yes we can’ attitude to service, as well as its commitment to the Millennium & Copthorne group motto, ‘You are the centre of our world’, a statement said.
Attended by 160 hotel managers and human resource directors from leading hotels within the UAE, the ceremony was hosted by Catererglobal’s sales director Peter Willis at the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai.
“It is a tremendous honour to win the best four-star employer category. Millennium Airport prides itself on offering our colleagues the room to grow in their careers as hospitality professionals,” said Simon Moore, general manager of Millennium Airport Hotel.
“We are poised for significant growth when the new wing of our hotel is inaugurated, and when the time comes, an award like this will help us attract the best talent to supplement our team.”
The awards were voted for by more than 24,000 hotel professionals in the UAE and, due to overwhelming response, the number of awards was increased from four to six, with both the four and five-star categories split into large and small hotels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall