Abu Dhabi targets 15pc rise in hotel guests
Abu Dhabi, December 21, 2011
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) will launch some16 exhibitions and eight road shows across 18 countries in 2012 in a bid to meet its hotel guest target of 2.3 million – a 15 per cent rise on this year’s target.
The dynamic promotions line-up includes first-time participation in the IMEX America business tourism and incentive exhibition and the Riyadh Travel Fair as well as new-to-market stakeholder road shows in Australia, China, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia and the Ukraine.
“The programme, which will run from February to November next year and also features Abu Dhabi’s return to Barcelona’s EIBTM show, has been designed in consultation with stakeholders and after reviewing the buyer profile of each exhibition. It is aimed at reinforcing our destination and product awareness internationally while diversifying the market mix to correlate with the global economic scenario,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager, ADTA.
“It will also enhance B2B links between Abu Dhabi-based stakeholders and our international partners and capitalise on tactical opportunities for the leisure and corporate travel segments.”
In a move to stimulate stakeholder participation, the authority has introduced fee discounts for sharers taking part in the majority of shows.
“We want to make it as easy and as cost-effective as possible for stakeholders to expand their outreach to these important markets,” added Al Nuaimi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct