Global Village draws 2m visitors in two months
Dubai, January 8, 2012
Global Village, a major entertainment venue in Dubai, achieved a new record by hosting two million visitors since its opening on November 1 to the end of December.
This was the highest number of visitors that Global Village attracted, more than any entertainment project in the region with over 200,000 visitors in some weekends, said a statement.
Entertainment and arts performances brought from around the world are witnessing high turnouts, a statement said.
The various products offered by more than 29 pavilions from 45 countries from around the world are attracting large number of buyers, it said.
Out of its keenness to provide more entertainment options, Global Village increased the Fun Fair’s area this year by 30 per cent and added new games suited for all ages.
Since the inauguration in 1997, Global Village has become the key entertainment and shopping destination in the region, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley