Global Village draws 2m visitors in two months
Dubai, January 8, 2012
Global Village, a major entertainment venue in Dubai, achieved a new record by hosting two million visitors since its opening on November 1 to the end of December.
This was the highest number of visitors that Global Village attracted, more than any entertainment project in the region with over 200,000 visitors in some weekends, said a statement.
Entertainment and arts performances brought from around the world are witnessing high turnouts, a statement said.
The various products offered by more than 29 pavilions from 45 countries from around the world are attracting large number of buyers, it said.
Out of its keenness to provide more entertainment options, Global Village increased the Fun Fair’s area this year by 30 per cent and added new games suited for all ages.
Since the inauguration in 1997, Global Village has become the key entertainment and shopping destination in the region, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline