Bombardier gears up for Bahrain Air Show
Manama, January 14, 2012
Highlighting the strong market growth potential of Middle East and Africa, Bombardier will showcase its innovative products, technical expertise, customer support and aircraft maintenance services at the 2012 Bahrain International Airshow.
Bombardier is a leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions - starting from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services - headquartered in Canada.
Bombardier Aerospace will unveil a selection of its industry leading business aircraft at the airshow to be held from January 19 to 21 at the Sakir Airbase, said a statement from the company.
On static display will be three aircraft from Bombardier’s business jet portfolio; the wide-body Challenger 605 and Challenger 850 jet as well as the ultra long-range Global Express XRS aircraft, it stated.
Visitors to Bombardier’s interactive state-of-the-art dome will have a unique opportunity to view the full-scale passenger cabin and cockpit demonstrators of the game-changing CSeries aircraft, said the company.
The Bombardier chalet is located at the Sakir Airbase at A28-29, and the Bombardier CSeries dome is situated in the static display area, it added.
According to the comony, business aviation in the Middle East region is experiencing sustained growth.
Bombardier’s latest market forecast for the aviation industry predicts a total delivery of 1,175 business jet deliveries destined for the Middle East over the next 20 years. With a solid fleet of business jets in the region, Bombardier’s Learjet, Challenger and Global jets are all represented.
Bombardier said its commercial aircraft has a strong presence in the Middle East and Africa with more than 200 CRJ regional jets and Dash-8/Q-Series aircraft in service or on firm order in the region.
Bombardier forecasts that over the next 20 years, while starting from a small base, the Middle East and Africa will take almost 1,000 deliveries of aircraft in the 20- to 149-seat market segment.
'Bombardier’s technologically advanced Q400 NextGen turboprop, industry-leading CRJ Series regional jets and all-new CSeries family of aircraft, which is designed to meet commercial airline requirements in the growing 100- to 149-seat market, offer a diverse range of commercial aviation solutions for the region.'
In November 2011, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft announced the establishment of a regional sales and marketing office in Dubai to serve the Middle East and Africa regions. The office is located in the Dubai Free Zone near Dubai International Airport.
Bombardier said it is committed to putting its customers first by offering the highest level of support as close as possible to their operational bases.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas