Celebrity chef to open restaurant in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, January 16, 2012
Abu Dhabi's first Gary Rhodes restaurant, 'Rhodes 44' will open this year at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, a part of the iconic Nation Towers development on the corniche.
Rhodes 44 will be first venture of Michelin-starred celebrity chef Gary Rhodes in Abu Dhabi, in addition to two other restaurants at Starwood hotels in Dubai – Rhodes Mezzanine at the Grosvenor House and Rhodes Twenty10 at Le Royal Méridien.
Announcing the launch, St. Regis Abu Dhabi said the Rhodes' signature dining outlet will offer signature contemporary cuisine with Arabic influences.
Often referred to as 'the chef's chef', Rhodes is renowned worldwide for his tireless attention to detail and unique mastery of the classic dishes. His legendary dedication to his craft and relentless pursuit of perfection has placed him firmly at the forefront of today’s culinary world.
“We are delighted to introduce Rhodes 44 at our hotel,” says Oliver Key, general manager, The St. Regis Abu Dhabi.
"We are positive that the opening of Rhodes 44 will be hugely popular amongst our international guests and local residents, providing a new culinary experience and setting a new standard for epicureans in the UAE capital," remarked Key.
Commenting on the launch, Rhodes said, "To be co-creating a signature dining outlet with the St. Regis brand in a hotel of such exceptional caliber, in a city of Abu Dhabi’s growing international importance, is an exciting adventure for me and my team."
"Rhodes 44 fully intends to deliver on its promise: making dining an unforgettable event," he added.
Rhodes 44 will open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a contemporary menu with a wide selection of dishes suited for sharing amongst family and friends. Guests can choose to dine either in the elegant dining room or outdoors on the lush landscaped terrace.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas