Celebrity chef to open restaurant in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, January 16, 2012
Abu Dhabi's first Gary Rhodes restaurant, 'Rhodes 44' will open this year at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, a part of the iconic Nation Towers development on the corniche.
Rhodes 44 will be first venture of Michelin-starred celebrity chef Gary Rhodes in Abu Dhabi, in addition to two other restaurants at Starwood hotels in Dubai – Rhodes Mezzanine at the Grosvenor House and Rhodes Twenty10 at Le Royal Méridien.
Announcing the launch, St. Regis Abu Dhabi said the Rhodes' signature dining outlet will offer signature contemporary cuisine with Arabic influences.
Often referred to as 'the chef's chef', Rhodes is renowned worldwide for his tireless attention to detail and unique mastery of the classic dishes. His legendary dedication to his craft and relentless pursuit of perfection has placed him firmly at the forefront of today’s culinary world.
“We are delighted to introduce Rhodes 44 at our hotel,” says Oliver Key, general manager, The St. Regis Abu Dhabi.
"We are positive that the opening of Rhodes 44 will be hugely popular amongst our international guests and local residents, providing a new culinary experience and setting a new standard for epicureans in the UAE capital," remarked Key.
Commenting on the launch, Rhodes said, "To be co-creating a signature dining outlet with the St. Regis brand in a hotel of such exceptional caliber, in a city of Abu Dhabi’s growing international importance, is an exciting adventure for me and my team."
"Rhodes 44 fully intends to deliver on its promise: making dining an unforgettable event," he added.
Rhodes 44 will open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a contemporary menu with a wide selection of dishes suited for sharing amongst family and friends. Guests can choose to dine either in the elegant dining room or outdoors on the lush landscaped terrace.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s