Gulf Air offers free shuttle in Bangladesh
Manama, January 17, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has introduced a free shuttle service between three key cities in Bangladesh – Chittagong, Sylhet and Dhaka facilitating movement to and from the capital’s Shah Jalal International Airport.
“The shuttle service is one more step towards getting closer to our customers as we strengthen our presence in the Bangladeshi market,” said Karim Makhlouf, Gulf Air chief commercial officer.
“A substantial number of passengers on our Bahrain- Dhaka route hail from Chittagong and Sylhet areas and by offering this free shuttle service, we will be taking them home faster and in a more comfortable way right from the door step of the airport and vice versa.
“A large share of our customers from Bangladesh are working in the Gulf region in addition to a sizeable number in Europe and Gulf Air provides easy connectivity for them with over 300 flights a week in the GCC, Europe and MENA regions,” he added.
“We recognize the importance of our customers from Bangladesh for whom Bahrain is either a final destination or regional transit point, therefore, we continue to invest in this market, to offer more services to our customers,” Makhlouf concluded.
Gulf Air currently operates eleven weekly flights each way between Bahrain and Dhaka. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai