Rezidor to open Radisson Blu in Doha
Brussels, January 18, 2012
The Rezidor Hotel Group, a leading international hotel company, has announced its debut in Qatar with the Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha.
The existing Ramada Plaza Doha, featuring 583 guest rooms will be converted to a Radisson Blu in the third quarter of 2012.
"We are delighted to add this landmark hotel to our constantly growing Middle East portfolio where we currently have 29 Radisson Blu hotels in operation and under development,” said Kurt Ritter, president and CEO of Rezidor.
“The property will undergo an $18 million renovation and become even more attractive and competitive.”
Gordon MacKenzie, general manager of the hotel, added: "Although we are slightly sad to be leaving the Ramada family, we feel that joining the Radisson Blu brand will continue to enhance our services and open new avenues for international business. This is an extremely exciting time for us."
The future Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha is located on a prominent intersection in the city centre with easy access to the international airport and West Bay business district. It is one of the largest hotels in Doha and offers 583 modern, spacious rooms and suites in different styles.
While food and beverage outlets include six bars and 12 restaurants, the hotel comprises 2,000 sq m of conference space while leisure facilities include two gymnasiums, three pools, saunas, squash, tennis, basketball, badminton and treatment rooms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria