BA backs Kingfisher in Oneworld alliance
Cairo, January 22, 2012
British Airways (BA) is sponsoring Indian airline Kingfisher’s membership of Oneworld, a major global airline alliance, next month as part of BA’s plans to strengthen its Asian network.
BA has just completed a thorough review of Kingfisher’s processes and procedures, a statement said. Kingfisher will be the first airline from the Indian subcontinent to join an airline alliance.
The entry of Kingfisher will also add 40 Indian destinations to the Oneworld network, and will make one of the world’s most important emerging markets easier to reach than ever before, the statement said.
Kingfisher’s Indian destinations will be available through Oneworld’s full and extensive range of alliance fares and sales products.
British Airways Executive Club and Kingfisher King Club members are already benefiting from sharing miles and tier points between airlines, while Kingfisher’s accession in February will give its Sapphire and Emerald-level King Club members access to over 550 Oneworld lounges around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief