Dusit International appoints new GM
Bangkok, January 23, 2012
Dusit International has announced that it has appointed a new general manager for its newest luxury property, Dusit Thani Maldives.
Andres Rubio, a seasoned veteran with over 30 years of experience in hotel operations, joined Dusit Thani Maldives in June 2011. He will launch the island resort in February 2012, said a statement.
“Dusit Thani Maldives will be a perfect blending of Thai artistry and heritage with the stunning natural beauty and luxury of the Maldives,” said Rubio.
Located on Mudhdhoo Island in Baa Atoll, Dusit Thani Maldives is 35 minutes by seaplane from the capital Malé. Surrounded by a vibrant 360 degree coral reef and turquoise lagoon, the resort is a landmark addition to the company’s global brand. Baa Atoll is not only home to the resort but also has the distinction of being a Unesco World Biosphere Reserve.
Rubio recently finished a four month stint as transition general manager for Alila Villas Hadahaa to the Park Hyatt Maldives.
For the past 12 years, he has lived and worked in Thailand in the resort islands of Koh Samui and Phuket with the TCC Land and Leisure Group, managing their hotels, the Imperial Samui Hotel and the Adamas Resort and Spa.
Trained in food & beverage, he began his career with the Hilton Hotels and Resorts in his native country of Columbia. He then joined Sheraton Hotels and Resorts as F&B director in Egypt, Tunis, Seychelles, Oman and Kuwait. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal