Rak Airways launches Kathmandu route
Ras Al Khaimah, January 24, 2012
Rak Airways, a leading carrier of the UAE, will offer three flights a week to Kathmandu from February 15, marking the expansion of the airline’s network to 11 destinations.
Rak Airways re-launched operations in 2010 with two routes to Jeddah and Calicut, India. Since then, the airline has focused on extending its route network across the GCC, Indian sub-continent and North Africa, a statement said.
Rak Airways CEO Omar Jahameh said, “Kathmandu is a destination that appeals to both leisure and business travellers. The stunning natural scenery and opportunities for trekking and climbing have developed Nepal into a thriving tourism destination.”
“The tourism industry is a key area of focus for the Nepalese government; last year’s dedicated tourism campaign increased visitor numbers by approximately 20 per cent,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley