Etihad launches new guest miles offer
Dubai, January 25, 2012
Abu Dhabi carrier Etihad will offer its loyalty programme members an innovative way to convert their Guest Miles into cash through PointsPay, an exclusive, real-time transaction solution.
PointsPay allows members unlimited freedom to spend in-store or online at any of the millions of outlets worldwide, a statement from Etihad said.
Under this scheme, the members have to use the PointsPay application (available now as an iPhone app and shortly also via its own website) to exchange their miles for funds to be added directly to their PointsPay Visa prepaid card before using the card either in-store or online.
The system also produces a Virtual PointsPay Visa card for use directly on the web for online shopping, the statement said.
By month end, all Etihad members will have the opportunity to be selected amongst the first group of members to access the new feature.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad chief commercial officer, said: "This new facility changes the face of how loyalty programs offer their members the ability to use their miles or points."
"Our members can now effectively redeem their Etihad Guest miles to make purchases at more than 30 million points-of-sale worldwide, which makes us the most flexible and rewarding program in the industry.”
Currently the Etihad Guest programme offers members opportunities to accumulate miles which can be redeemed against a wide selection of over 2900 flight and non-flight rewards from over 200 partners, the statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project