Cristal’s Lebanon office to start ops in Feb
Abu Dhabi, January 26, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Cristal Hotels and Resorts, a luxury hospitality company, announced that its new branch in Lebanon will start operations in February.
This announcement comes in line with the company’s major expansion and development initiative in the Levant region, which expects to bring a total of 10 new properties to their portfolio.
Cristal Group Holdings Incorporated, which currently operates two hotels in Abu Dhabi; Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi and Cristal Salam Hotel, is expanding internationally and the new branch in Lebanon will be the start, a statement said.
Cristal Lebanon Hotels & Resorts Management Office will be responsible for all the development and operations of the upcoming hotels in Lebanon and the Levant region and the team will be led by Peter Blackburn the company President and CEO.
“While the global economy seems to show a recovery and the climate for interest in hotel looks encouraging, we are pleased that Cristal Group development pipeline is filled with potential growth for the company,” said Blackburn.
“We are confident of meeting the hospitality needs across all segments of travellers within this region and we are looking forward to start our new projects in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan, which will be great additions to our existing portfolio of hotels in the UAE.”
“We see an opportunity across different segments and are equipped to meet the market needs with our various hotel brands for both mid-scale and upscale markets. The overall strategy of offering high-quality accommodation and services with reasonable price is one that fits well at any time, especially now that everyone is looking for extra value," he continued.
“Being able to cement our leadership position in the region with the opening of our new office in Lebanon is very gratifying and we are most grateful to our partners that continue to entrust their hotel assets to the Cristal Group for enabling this stellar performance.”
“Adding this number of hotels to the network in the coming years has required us to invest significantly in our regional infrastructure to support both the new hotel openings as well as the existing hotel and in doing so ensuring our ability to sustain similar growth in the coming years,” Blackburn concluded.
Cristal Hotels and Resorts currently operates Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi and Cristal Salam Hotel. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers