Etihad to get $169m lease finance
Abu Dhabi, February 1, 2012
Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will receive up to $169 million in financing from state investment fund Mubadala and National Bank of Abu Dhabi to help it to lease spare engine parts.
The facility will be arranged by Sanad Aero Solutions, a unit of Mubadala and Abu Dhabi National Leasing (ADNL), the lease finance arm of NBAD, the two companies said in a statement on Wednesday.
ADNL has provided Sanad with a fully underwritten long-term lease facility for purchase and leaseback of five GE90 and six Rolls Royce Trent 500 engines, a company statement said.
Each engine is contracted for a 10-year operating lease term. ADNL provides a variety of lease and lease-finance facilities to large UAE, Gulf and international corporate entities operating in the Gulf state. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley