Etihad to get $169m lease finance
Abu Dhabi, February 1, 2012
Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will receive up to $169 million in financing from state investment fund Mubadala and National Bank of Abu Dhabi to help it to lease spare engine parts.
The facility will be arranged by Sanad Aero Solutions, a unit of Mubadala and Abu Dhabi National Leasing (ADNL), the lease finance arm of NBAD, the two companies said in a statement on Wednesday.
ADNL has provided Sanad with a fully underwritten long-term lease facility for purchase and leaseback of five GE90 and six Rolls Royce Trent 500 engines, a company statement said.
Each engine is contracted for a 10-year operating lease term. ADNL provides a variety of lease and lease-finance facilities to large UAE, Gulf and international corporate entities operating in the Gulf state. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall