Air Seychelles launches Abu Dhabi flights
Abu Dhabi, February 5, 2012
Air Seychelles, the national airline of the Republic of the Seychelles, will run two weekly return flights from Mahé to Abu Dhabi from March 12.
This follows last week’s announcement that Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, would form a strategic partnership by taking a 40 per cent stake in the airline.
This launch complements Etihad Airways’ existing four weekly services from Abu Dhabi to Mahé.
Effectively, the new schedule will offer six direct services per week between Abu Dhabi and Mahé, increasing to seven per week from June.
These Air Seychelles flights will operate on a Boeing 767-300ER series aircraft, in a two-class configuration, offering a total of 844 seats each week.
The new flights are on sale from today, a statement said.
A key benefit to travellers of the new Air Seychelles non-stop Mahé-Abu Dhabi service is convenient flight arrival and departure times and connectivity from Mahé with Etihad Airways’ codeshare flights through Abu Dhabi to the Far East, Australia, the Indian Subcontinent and the Gulf region, it added.
Etihad Airways guests, particularly from key feeder markets of Germany, France, Italy, Belgium and the United Kingdom, will also benefit from the increased connectivity options in travel to Mahé and onward destinations across the Air Seychelles network, such as Mauritius and Johannesburg.
Cramer Ball, Air Seychelles chief executive officer, said: “The Seychelles have already proven to be a hugely popular holiday destination amongst Etihad Airways guests. With these additional two Air Seychelles weekly flights, we look forward to successfully serving the route, tourism and business at each end and beyond.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013