Jazeera’s 2011 passenger count hits 1.2m
Kuwait, February 6, 2012
Jazeera Airways, a leading airline serving the Middle East out of Kuwait, carried 1.2 million passengers between Kuwait and 17 leisure and business destinations in the region during 2011.
The 2011 report showed that the airline operated at a high on-time performance of 95 per cent during the year, making it once again one of the most punctual airlines in the Middle East.
The report, based on data from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA), also showed that Jazeera Airways was the leading airline on the Alexandria, Luxor, Aleppo, Assiut, Sharm El Sheikh, Sohag, Deir Ezzor and Damascus routes.
Jazeera Airways captured the largest market share on routes operated between Kuwait and five Egyptian cities, grabbing a 38 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Alexandria route, a 61 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Assiut route, an 83 per cent on the Kuwait-Luxor route, a 50 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Sharm El Sheikh route, and 37 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Sohaj route.
The airline also claimed an 18 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Cairo route, which was launched in May.
Jazeera Airways also captured the largest market share to Syrian destinations served with a 47 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Damascus route, a 76 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Aleppo route, and a 90 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Deir Ezzor route.
The report also showed that the airline was also the leading Kuwaiti airline on routes between Kuwait and Beirut, Amman, Mashhad, Bahrain and Dubai.
Jazeera Airways grabbed a 33 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Amman route, a 35 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Beirut route, a 17 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Bahrain route, and a 16 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Dubai route. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers