Cruise ship delays Bahrain visit
Manama, February 7, 2012
Luxury cruise liner Aida Blu will not dock in Bahrain tomorrow (February 8), sources said, adding the German based company had chosen to stay away “at least for this week”, as a result of continuing street violence.
A decision about whether the vessel’s weekly visit would resume on February 15 would be taken soon.
Tourism assistant under-secretary Nada Ahmed Yaseen would neither confirm nor deny the report last night, said a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project