Qatar Airways confident of A380 delivery
Singapore, February 13, 2012
The chief executive of Qatar Airways said he was confident the airline would receive delivery of its A380s from Airbus on schedule.
"We have confidence in the A380. We are going to definitely receive our A380s on schedule. We will make sure that all the problems airlines are facing [with the A380] will be resolved before we take the aircraft," Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker told Reuters on Monday at a conference on the eve of the Singapore Airshow.
Last week, European air safety officials extended checks for Airbus A380 wing cracks to the entire superjumbo fleet and said the widespread defects could pose a safety risk if left unremedied. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct