German hotel group plans Mena expansion
Munich, February 23, 2012
Top German group Bavaria Hotels International (BHI) is set to open its second hotel in Djibouti as part of its Middle East and North Africa expansion plans.
The launch comes following the success of the Bavaria Hotel opened in 2011 in Djibouti, said a statement from Munich-based BHI.
The new Bavaria Mountain Resort, located at 1800m above sea level in the village of Day in Djibouti, is scheduled to open in April.
The new resort can easily be reached by road and visitors will get to enjoy stunning views overlooking the Tajoura Coastline and the surrounding mountains which are ideal for exploring on foot or mountain biking.
The resort is also only a short drive away from some of the natural wounders and tourist attractions such as the Salt Lake (Lac Assal) and the Volcano Ardoukoba and the beaches of Tajoura.
Commenting on the launch, CEO Thomas Gertz said, “Naturally we are again delighted to be awarded with a new hotel opening in the region, which follows the successful launching of the Bavaria Les Acacias Hotel in 2011.'
'The resort will further stengthen our foothold in region which we believe at Bavaria Hotels has a great potential for further hotel projects. '
'Bavaria is unlike any other international or regional branded hotel management company, as it exemplifies German traditional values of quality and reliability,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly twice daily to Kuala Lumpur
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels