German hotel group plans Mena expansion
Munich, February 23, 2012
Top German group Bavaria Hotels International (BHI) is set to open its second hotel in Djibouti as part of its Middle East and North Africa expansion plans.
The launch comes following the success of the Bavaria Hotel opened in 2011 in Djibouti, said a statement from Munich-based BHI.
The new Bavaria Mountain Resort, located at 1800m above sea level in the village of Day in Djibouti, is scheduled to open in April.
The new resort can easily be reached by road and visitors will get to enjoy stunning views overlooking the Tajoura Coastline and the surrounding mountains which are ideal for exploring on foot or mountain biking.
The resort is also only a short drive away from some of the natural wounders and tourist attractions such as the Salt Lake (Lac Assal) and the Volcano Ardoukoba and the beaches of Tajoura.
Commenting on the launch, CEO Thomas Gertz said, “Naturally we are again delighted to be awarded with a new hotel opening in the region, which follows the successful launching of the Bavaria Les Acacias Hotel in 2011.'
'The resort will further stengthen our foothold in region which we believe at Bavaria Hotels has a great potential for further hotel projects. '
'Bavaria is unlike any other international or regional branded hotel management company, as it exemplifies German traditional values of quality and reliability,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s