Emirates celebrates Boeing’s 1,000th 777
Dubai, March 3, 2012
Dubai's national carrier Emirates celebrated the unveiling of the 1,000th Boeing 777 during a special event at the manufacturer’s plant in Everett, Washington.
Emirates is the world’s largest operator of the Boeing 777 and the landmark aircraft will become the 102nd to join the airline’s 777 fleet when it is delivered later this month.
The factory celebration was attended by more than 5,000 Boeing employees, suppliers and government officials, including Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, the chairman and chief executive, Emirates Airline & Group, a delegation of dignitaries from the UAE and senior Emirates executives.
“Emirates is honoured to be the recipient of Boeing’s 1000th 777, an aircraft whose advanced, long range capacity has been instrumental to our success in becoming a truly global airline,” said Sheikh Ahmed.
“Emirates is already the world’s largest operator of the Boeing 777 and our order for an additional 93 is further testament to our belief in the product and the role this aircraft will play as we build our fleet for tomorrow and further establish Dubai’s position as one of the world’s leading air travel hubs,” he stated.
Jim Albaugh, president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, said, “It is very fitting that Emirates is the recipient of our milestone 1000th 777 delivery. It has set an industry high bar in providing excellent customer service and we are honoured that the 777 is central to its efforts to be a global airline leader.”
In addition to the 1,000th Boeing 777 passenger aircraft, Emirates also received a Boeing 777 freighter, the eighth to join its fleet, on March 1.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home