Jazeera receives brand new A320 aircraft
Kuwait, March 4, 2012
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways Group said it has received a brand new A320 aircraft from the Airbus’s facility in Hamburg, Germany.
The company has taken delivery of 12 A320s since 2005 out of an order of 15 aircraft of the same type. The company’s remaining three aircraft on order are scheduled for delivery in 2013 and 2014, said a senior official.
Jazeera Airways Group chairman Marwan Boodai said, “We are excited about receiving our 12th aircraft. This is indeed a milestone for the company, as we continue to pursue our gradual growth strategy in line with market demand.”
'The Airbus A320 is the world’s best-selling aircraft. There are over 5,000 A320 aircraft in operation by airlines across the world and over 3,000 aircraft scheduled for delivery over the coming years,' Boodai added.
According to him, Jazeera is an IATA-member airline and operates one of the youngest A320 fleets across the Mena region.
The budget carrier operates a two-class cabin comprising a business class and an economy class. Its economy class offers travelers free baggage allowance of 40 kg, free on-board monthly meals, and year-round value fares.
In 2011, the airline carried 1.2 million passengers across its network that includes high-demand business, leisure, family, and weekend hubs such as Dubai, Bahrain, Beirut, Alexandria, Amman, Damascus, Istanbul, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Aleppo, DeirEzzor, Luxor, Mashhad, Sohag, Jeddah, Riyadh and Cairo.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares