Jazeera receives brand new A320 aircraft
Kuwait, March 4, 2012
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways Group said it has received a brand new A320 aircraft from the Airbus’s facility in Hamburg, Germany.
The company has taken delivery of 12 A320s since 2005 out of an order of 15 aircraft of the same type. The company’s remaining three aircraft on order are scheduled for delivery in 2013 and 2014, said a senior official.
Jazeera Airways Group chairman Marwan Boodai said, “We are excited about receiving our 12th aircraft. This is indeed a milestone for the company, as we continue to pursue our gradual growth strategy in line with market demand.”
'The Airbus A320 is the world’s best-selling aircraft. There are over 5,000 A320 aircraft in operation by airlines across the world and over 3,000 aircraft scheduled for delivery over the coming years,' Boodai added.
According to him, Jazeera is an IATA-member airline and operates one of the youngest A320 fleets across the Mena region.
The budget carrier operates a two-class cabin comprising a business class and an economy class. Its economy class offers travelers free baggage allowance of 40 kg, free on-board monthly meals, and year-round value fares.
In 2011, the airline carried 1.2 million passengers across its network that includes high-demand business, leisure, family, and weekend hubs such as Dubai, Bahrain, Beirut, Alexandria, Amman, Damascus, Istanbul, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Aleppo, DeirEzzor, Luxor, Mashhad, Sohag, Jeddah, Riyadh and Cairo.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc