Travelport inks key Bahrain deal
Manama, March 5, 2012
Global travel services provider Travelport has signed a multi-year global distribution system (GDS) deal with Dadabhai Travel of Bahrain.
The Manama-based firm is a long-standing partner of Travelport and under the terms of the renewed agreement, has committed to increase its bookings through Travelport's Galileo platform.
'We are confident that Travelport has the right technology tools and support structure to meet all of our GDS requirements,' said Dadabhai Travel managing director Aziz Gilitwala.
'We've selected them as a partner because we believe that they understand our business and can provide critical, hands-on support.'
'We also look forward to a close collaboration as we launch our very first online booking tool.'
Since Travelport opened up its own Galileo travel agency support network in Bahrain in 2010, the GDS provider's direct operations have been an important resource to local travel agencies, with fully-equipped sales, training and helpdesk teams available to provide the highest levels of dedicated customer service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home