Travelport inks key Bahrain deal
Manama, March 5, 2012
Global travel services provider Travelport has signed a multi-year global distribution system (GDS) deal with Dadabhai Travel of Bahrain.
The Manama-based firm is a long-standing partner of Travelport and under the terms of the renewed agreement, has committed to increase its bookings through Travelport's Galileo platform.
'We are confident that Travelport has the right technology tools and support structure to meet all of our GDS requirements,' said Dadabhai Travel managing director Aziz Gilitwala.
'We've selected them as a partner because we believe that they understand our business and can provide critical, hands-on support.'
'We also look forward to a close collaboration as we launch our very first online booking tool.'
Since Travelport opened up its own Galileo travel agency support network in Bahrain in 2010, the GDS provider's direct operations have been an important resource to local travel agencies, with fully-equipped sales, training and helpdesk teams available to provide the highest levels of dedicated customer service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office
- Emirates to fly A380 to Brisbane, Auckland
- Qatar Airways eyes Boeing 777X mini-jumbos