Hyatt names senior VP operations
Dubai, March 7, 2012
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts has appointed Pablo E Graf as senior vice president of Operations– South West Asia.
Graf, who has spent over 22 years with Hyatt, will be responsible for executing Hyatt International’s operational strategy in South West Asia (UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Republic of the Maldives, and the Indian sub-continent), and will be based in Dubai.
“Having begun my career in hospitality with Hyatt, and being a part of the company for over 22 years, I aim to implement Hyatt’s robust growth strategy. This region is a crucially important market for us and we are determined to ensure that our hotels offer the authentic hospitality that makes Hyatt the preferred brand for our guests,” said Graf.
A Swiss national, this is Graf’s second time in Dubai. From 2005 to 2007, Graf was the opening general manager of the award-winning Park Hyatt Dubai.
Graf began his career with Hyatt in the mid-1980s as corporate trainee at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, progressing into management positions within Hyatt hotels globally.
Prior to this appointment, Graf served as the regional vice president for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts during his short stint outside Hyatt.
“The appointment of Graf highlights the importance we place on the region and its travellers – his extensive background and expertise in Asia will be utilized significantly in this position,” said Peter Fulton, managing director, Hyatt International, South West Asia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest