Gulf Air tops in on-time performance
Manama, March 14, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has reached the top position in its on-time performance (OTP) record as a full service carrier while ranked third in the overall list of carriers in the Mena region that includes low cost carriers.
According to the latest figures for the month of January 2012 released by FlightStats Data, the industry leader in flight information services, Gulf Air has achieved an on-time punctuality of 84.11 per cent for its flight arrivals, ahead of its main regional competitors.
The 2011 annual on-time performance ranking is expected to be released by Flight Stats shortly.
FlightStats has been monitoring airlines’ on-time performance since 2004, tracking over 150,000 flights per day, i.e., nearly 80 per cent of all scheduled passenger flights globally. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain
- Etihad, airBaltic start direct Riga flights