Al-Futtaim launches marine services company
Dubai, March 15, 2012
Al-Futtaim Group has launched Al-Futtaim Marine, a premium marine services company, at the ongoing Dubai International Boat Show.
The event which is being held at the Dubai International Marine Club will conclude on March 17.
The new company will offer new and used yacht brokerage and sales, maintenance and repair services, insurance, charter, marine consultancy, sales of new engines, and sales of marine components and accessories to the UAE market.
Al-Futtaim Marine will be located facing the 78-berth Festival Marina, the luxury yachting facility in Dubai Festival City.
The present offices will eventually be part of a grand structure featuring a yacht chandlery and a full-service yard equipped with a marine travelift for lifting yachts of all sizes, a statement from Al Futtaim said.
The new company will be administered by Al-Futtaim’s Automotive Group and will further enhance Al-Futtaim Group’s family-owned enterprise that spans more than 65 companies in sectors as diverse as commerce, industry and services.
“Al-Futtaim Marine is a milestone development in the group’s strategy and signifies the beginning of an extremely exciting time for the marina and marine services industry in the region,” Len Hunt, president, Al-Futtaim Automotive Group, said. “Our vision is to be the marine company of choice by providing advice and experiences that are valued and remembered, while also adding a new dimension to Dubai’s maritime offering.”
Toby Scruby, general manager of Al-Futtaim Marine said his team is already in place to offer customers personalised attention with mobile maintenance and repair services, new boat sales, brokerage, charters, finance and insurance, and later this year a chandlery and maintenance facility.
Al-Futtaim Marine is an authorised dealer for Honda Marine and Yanmar Marine engines. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares