Oman Air showcases at ITB Berlin
Muscat, March 19, 2012
Oman Air, the national airline of Oman, showcased its multi-award-winning products and services at the recently concluded ITB Berlin, an international travel show.
Oman Air’s chief executive officer Wayne Pearce greeted guests from the travel trade and media to the Oman Air stall at the ITB.
“Oman Air’s participation at ITB Berlin continues the airline’s long association with this most prestigious of travel events and celebrates the success of its services between the Omani capital of Muscat and Germany’s two largest airports, Frankfurt and Munich,” said Pearce.
“Since the launch of the Frankfurt and Munich services, Oman Air not only expanded its network and fleet of aircraft, but has also launched a range of new products and services, each designed to enhance the passenger experience. These include unveiling new premium lounges at Muscat and Bangkok.”
There was a surprise event to demonstrate the remarkable size and comfort of Oman Air’s Business Class seat, during the course of the ITB, which was recently named Best Business Class Seat in the World at the World Airline Awards.
On the third and final day of the show, the winners of last year’s DSDS (the German Idol show), a national search for Germany’s next superstars which is broadcast on RTL, signed autographs at Oman Air’s stand.
It was also disclosed at the ITB that the maximum number of tourists to Oman were from Germany. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments