350 medical tourism experts for Jordan meet
Dubai, March 20, 2012
More than 350 experts, specialists, representatives from the medical tourism field and insurance companies from across the world took part in a global summit on medical tourism in Jordan.
The two-day International Medical Tourism, Wellness & Spa Congress 2012 was also attended by a delegation representing Dubai and headed by Qadhi Saeed Al Murooshid, director-general of the Dubai Health Authority.
“Observing the experiences and expertise of others and exchanging constructive ideas in the field of medical tourism is important for the growth of this sector,” said Al Murooshid.
“This knowledge will then be used to fortify the position that the Emirate of Dubai has come to hold in this sector, particularly since the medical tourism industry has became a sector of interest and all countries around the world are keen to support the growth of this sector.”
Al Murooshid said that the conference discussed a number of topics concerning medical tourism, its future, medical technology, health insurance, global healthcare and the various aspects relating to the medical tourism sector.
Al Murooshid added that the UAE and Dubai in particular, has come a long way in terms of developing healthcare services provided by both the public and private sector, gaining international accreditations for medical, healthcare, and preventive services and all these efforts will reinforce the country's position on the global medical tourism map. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct