Turkish Airlines to halt Syria flights
Ankara, March 27, 2012
Turkish Airlines said it will halt flights to Syria from Sunday, in a move that follows the Turkish government's decision to shut its embassy in Damascus and advise nationals to leave due to the violence gripping Syria.
The flights to Damascus and Aleppo would be halted, the airline's press office said.
Turkey has closed the embassy in Damascus, deepening Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's isolation, but it has kept open its consulate in Aleppo, a city 45km east of the border with Turkey.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced