Turkish Airlines to halt Syria flights
Ankara, March 27, 2012
Turkish Airlines said it will halt flights to Syria from Sunday, in a move that follows the Turkish government's decision to shut its embassy in Damascus and advise nationals to leave due to the violence gripping Syria.
The flights to Damascus and Aleppo would be halted, the airline's press office said.
Turkey has closed the embassy in Damascus, deepening Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's isolation, but it has kept open its consulate in Aleppo, a city 45km east of the border with Turkey.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief