Gulf Air offers 15pc discount to senior citizens
Manama, April 4, 2012
Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air has signed a partnership agreement with Social Insurance Organization (GOSI) to offer travel discounts to senior citizens, pensioners, and their immediate family members.
Under the agreement, eligible senior citizens, registered with GOSI will receive a 15 per cent discount on their tickets in economy class when travelling on any of Gulf Air’s global destinations.
The tickets can be booked and purchased only through Gulf Air office, or either the Seef office or Airport office on production of valid documents, said the airline in a statement.
Gulf Air CEO Samer Majali said, "As the national carrier we are committed to support local communities and the society; senior citizens in the Kingdom are an important part of the Bahraini society and through this agreement we would like to make their travel journey affordable."
Commenting on the deal, Esam Al Hammadi, country manager, Bahrain said "I am delighted that we were able to work with GOSI and finalize this agreement that allows pensioners and their immediate family members to enjoy discounted travel to any of Gulf Air’s global destinations.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief