Sofitel launches new spa hotel in Morocco
Paris, April 9, 2012
Sofitel Luxury Hotels, a global French hospitality brand, has opened a new thalassotherapy and well-being establishment in Agadir, Morocco.
The Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa is a three-hour flight away from the main European capitals and is the brand’s second hotel in the bay of Agadir, alongside the Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay resort.
'I am delighted to welcome this new flagship hotel to our network of Sofitel Thalassa Sea & Spa establishments. The Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa offers the best of today’s thalassotherapy treatments, paired with Sofitel’s inimitable standards and is incontestably the new well-being reference in Morocco,” said Robert Gaymer Jones, CEO of Sofitel Worldwide.
Designed by the Moroccan architect Jamal Laamiri Alaoui and the French interior designer Didier Rey, the hotel features 125 rooms and 49 suites. Each one has its own private patio overlooking the sea, offering a view of the bay of Agadir and the remains of its ancient Kasbah.
The thalassotherapy institute is an integral part of the hotel. With its elegant, pure white decor, this area is devoted to resting and replenishing both mind and body in a healthy ‘detox’ atmosphere, a statement said.
The institute also proposes treatments inspired by Moroccan traditions to awaken the senses and re-energise the mind and body.
The thalassotherapy facility has 16 booths, leading onto the beach or the hotel gardens, and offer massages with Argan oil and other essential oils.
There are three restaurants, as well as a naturopath and a dietician, who can assist with planning the menu to offer guests genuine and personalised support. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog