Gulf Air Facebook page hacked
Manama, April 9, 2012
Gulf Air, Bahrain's national carrier, has notified its customers and passengers that its official Facebook page was hacked early this morning.
'Right now, the page is not under our control, so kindly ignore any messages, videos or pictures that may be posted,' said an email sent by the airline to its customers.
It said: 'We are working on rectifying the issue as quickly as possible and our page should be back up soon. Meanwhile, follow us on our official Twitter or Google + accounts for more updates.'
The airline, in a separate press release, said it is working with Facebook to resolve the situation.
It also said: "Gulf Air’s Facebook page is purely a social media channel to interact with its customers and fans. As such, the airline does not support the acts of those who have hacked the page to use it for political purposes.
"Gulf Air representatives are investigating the matter and are working with law enforcement agencies to prosecute those involved. A complaint has already been lodged with the Internet crimes division at the Ministry of Interior," it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth