Etihad seals Brussels code share deal
Abu Dhabi, April 9, 2012
UAE national airline Etihad Airways has entered into a codeshare agreement with Belgian carrier Brussels Airlines as part of a plan to boost its presence in the European region.
With this deal, the Etihad network opens up more of Europe to its customers through Brussels Airlines services to three regional French cities – Lyon, Marseille and Toulouse, the Abu Dhabi carrier said in a statement.
These services are in addition to Brussels Airlines’ services to Barcelona, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Madrid, Oslo and Stockholm, on which Etihad Airways already codeshares, it added.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways president and CEO said: 'This adds three very popular destinations to the Etihad Airways network, and opens up more of Europe for our customers.'
“This expansion is as a natural next step in what has been a very successful partnership since 2006, and we look forward to continuing to work with Brussels Airlines to also enable passengers from various points on their network to travel to Abu Dhabi and further afield.”
Etihad Airways, he said operates eight weekly Abu Dhabi-Brussels services in a two-class aircraft configuration.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project