Hilton opens new hotel brand in India
Gurgaon (India), April 9, 2012
Hilton Worldwide has announced the opening of a new DoubleTree by Hilton at Gurgaon in Delhi national capital region as part of its India expansion strategy.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR offers a sophisticated, modern combination of guest services, amenities and technology in a refreshingly spirited and welcoming ambiance, said a statement from Hilton Worldwide.
Conveniently located on the Golf Course Road, the hotel is within easy access of the business and commercial establishments in the dynamic business centre of Gurgaon and 18 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, the statement added.
The 184-room hotel is 7 km from Huda City Centre and Iffco Chowk Metro stations, which can whisk travellers to many of New Delhi’s heritage attractions and Indian monuments such as Qutab Minar, Lord Mahavira’s statue at Ahinsa Sthal and the Bahai (Lotus temple).
Martin Rinck, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton Worldwide, said, “With the opening of the Gurgaon hotel, Hilton now operates six hotels in the region. We are expanding rapidly in India and anticipate increasing our presence to 14 hotels by the end of this year, following on from a great year of growth in 2011, when we opened six hotels.”
Guests will experience the characteristic qualities found at more than 300 DoubleTree by Hilton hotels around the world, including the warm welcome of the brand’s legendary chocolate chip cookie presented to every guest at check-in and the rewards of the Hilton HHonors guest loyalty programme.
Owned by the JMD Group and managed by Hilton Worldwide, DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR features 45 Executive Rooms, 11 Junior Suites and two Terrace Suites.
Sunil Bedi, managing director, JMD Group, said, “We are delighted to be associated with the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in India, and we are confident this hotel will become the first choice of travellers in the region”.
Rob Palleschi, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton, said the new launch was another significant step in our brand’s growth strategy in India and strategic city centre locations around the world.
'The hotel is an outstanding representation of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand, which is built on the vision of creating a rewarding travel experience by understanding and thoughtfully addressing the individual needs of today’s business and leisure travellers,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall