Dubai Calendar attracts tourism firms
Dubai, April 9, 2012
Dubai Calendar, the emirate’s official directory of events, is attracting a growing number of travellers and tourists planning visits to Dubai from around the globe, a statement said.
Managed by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE), the Dubai Calendar website (www.dubaicalendar.ae) operates as a portal through which Dubai retailers can freely announce promotions, events and activities to their customers.
During DEPE’s promotional tour with the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing in the Far East, which included Hong Kong and Singapore, major travel and tourism companies discussed the value of the calendar for international tour operators.
Senior officials from participating companies were impressed with the unique governmental initiative, commenting on the easy to use interface that provides comprehensive information regarding Dubai’s activities and events, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head