Sabre to sponsor key ATM seminar
Manama, April 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Sabre Travel Network Middle East, a global technology company serving travel suppliers and agencies, is sponsoring the new Technology Seminar Theatre at the upcoming Arabian Travel Market (ATM) expo in Dubai.
'We are one of the largest travel technology companies in the world, and the ATM is the top travel industry event in the region,' said Sabre chief executive Daniel Naoumovitch.
'Our sponsorship highlights the natural partnership and affinity we share for all things travel,' he remarked.
'Travel plays an important role in promoting business, friendship between nations and common welfare around the world, and technology is what drives travel,' said Naoumovitch.
'Sabre connects the consumer to the travel management company (TMC), the TMC to the airline, hotel and car rental company, the airline and hotel with its customers and a whole lot of connections in between. It's one of the travel industry's largest marketplaces with more than $100 billion of travel purchased through it every year,' he added.
'With 2011 behind us, everyone in the region is looking forward to some positive movement in 2012, and I expect this year's ATM to get a dose of optimism from the industry,' he added.
'Last year, in spite of the socio-political situation in region, we enjoyed double-digit growth. Our offices in Jordan, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia showed solid growth in their markets throughout the year.'
Event organiser Reed Travel Exhibitions portfolio director Mark Walsh said technological development is undoubtedly having a major impact on the global tourism industry and the region's travel community is no exception.
'Embracing and implementing the next generation technologies will be one of the critical issues discussed at the ATM 2012.
'To accommodate these broadening technological trends, we have expanded our seminar programme to introduce a series of new technology seminars, sponsored by Sabre which will examine the massive shift towards online travel bookings and the resulting consequences.'
Sabre operates 21 offices in 11 countries across the Middle East and North Africa region and is the only global distribution system provider with a head office in the region.
ATM will be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre from April 30 to May 3.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas