German cruise ship docks in Bahrain
Manama, April 11, 2012
German cruise liner Europa, carrying more than 400 tourists and 290 crew, docked at the Khalifa Bin Salman Port yesterday (April 10).
A Culture Ministry official said the visit by the Hapag Lloyd-owned ship was a major boost to Bahrain's tourism industry, as the season comes to a close.
More than 200 tourists visited Bahrain's attractions and were treated to a show of Bahraini culture as they disembarked at the port, with a Bahraini band, handicrafts and henna artists on hand.
Another cruise ship, from US-based Princess Cruises, is arriving today.
A spokesman for Al Sharif Shipping, agents for Princess Cruises, said more than 700 passengers who will arrive in Bahrain at around 8am will have the chance to visit tourist attractions.
It follows the cancellation of visits in February by German cruise ship Aida, which only made eight of its 14 scheduled weekly stops in Bahrain - citing security concerns. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares