German cruise ship docks in Bahrain
Manama, April 11, 2012
German cruise liner Europa, carrying more than 400 tourists and 290 crew, docked at the Khalifa Bin Salman Port yesterday (April 10).
A Culture Ministry official said the visit by the Hapag Lloyd-owned ship was a major boost to Bahrain's tourism industry, as the season comes to a close.
More than 200 tourists visited Bahrain's attractions and were treated to a show of Bahraini culture as they disembarked at the port, with a Bahraini band, handicrafts and henna artists on hand.
Another cruise ship, from US-based Princess Cruises, is arriving today.
A spokesman for Al Sharif Shipping, agents for Princess Cruises, said more than 700 passengers who will arrive in Bahrain at around 8am will have the chance to visit tourist attractions.
It follows the cancellation of visits in February by German cruise ship Aida, which only made eight of its 14 scheduled weekly stops in Bahrain - citing security concerns. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain
- Etihad, airBaltic start direct Riga flights
- Dubai Istithmar sells stake in landmark Miami hotel
- Tourism Ireland to launch coastal touring route
- Etihad to launch 8 new routes in 2014
- Gulf Air launches Thiruvananthapuram service