Etihad, Kanoo sign retail tie-up
Abu Dhabi, April 12, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has signed a strategic partnership with Kanoo Travel to open four joint retail locations in Dubai.
The new partnership will allow Etihad Airways to better serve the needs of travellers in its growing Dubai market, throughout the GCC and in the UK, and augment its ability to promote travel to leisure markets, including a broader distribution of Etihad Holidays packages.
Kanoo Travel is the largest travel company in the Middle East with more than 200 offices in the region. Four Kanoo retail locations in Dubai will be rebranded as Etihad/Kanoo outlets to mark the partnership.
Etihad Airways chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said: “The strategic partnership with Kanoo Travel marks a major milestone for Etihad Airways’ distribution strategy.”
“Kanoo Travel is a long established travel group with a strong position in both the Middle East and United Kingdom. They have considerable reach and expertise in servicing the corporate and consumer segments in many of our important growth markets, which Etihad Airways will now be able to leverage.”
“The co-branding of four retail locations in Dubai is only the beginning of an ambitious joint vision for our partnership, which will see Etihad Airways increase its share of various GCC markets,” he added.
Mishal Kanoo, deputy chairman of The Kanoo Group said: “It is truly an honour for us to work with such a wonderful airline. Etihad symbolizes all that an airline should be and to be able to offer their clients a way to extend that wonderful experience will be a joy for us at Kanoo.
“From the day Etihad set out to join the airline industry, it made its goal quite clear—to be the best. We are honored at Kanoo to be able to play a part in helping Etihad Airways achieve that goal; a task made easy by the superior product and service they offer.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard