Elaf sponsors Saudi tourism forum
Riyadh, April 14, 2012
Elaf Group, a leading provider of hotel management and tourism services, sponsored the recently concluded Saudi Travel and Tourism Investment Forum 2012 in Riyadh.
The forum at the Riyadh International Exhibition Center hosted 23 technical sessions to discuss the major issues related to the tourism experience in Saudi Arabia.
It attracted wide participation from various government entities, including Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Ministry of Culture and Information and the Saudi Commission for Wildlife Conservation and Development (NCWCD), among others.
Ziyad Bin Mahfouz, president of Elaf Group of Companies and a member of the tourism development council for the Makkah region, pointed out that the forum plays a vital role in highlighting the tourism potential in Saudi Arabia and shedding light on the approved tourism projects for the next three years.
He underlined the significance of the event, emphasizing that it hosted a series of sessions and workshops aimed at highlighting the interest in the cultural dimension of tourism and the effective tools to develop and promote the growth of tourism in Saudi Arabia.
The forum also introduced ready job opportunities at tourism institutes, during a special session titled Career Day, aimed at harnessing the potential of Saudi nationals in the economic and tourism areas. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers