Amadeus to showcase latest solutions ATM
Dubai, April 17, 2012
Amadeus, a leading travel technology partner and transaction processor for the travel industry, will showcase its latest products at the upcoming Arabian Travel Market (ATM), a leading travel and tourism exhibition, in Dubai.
ATM is scheduled to be held from April 30 to May 3 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Exhibiting under the theme of ‘Inspire, Empower, Reach’, Amadeus will display a diversified portfolio of products and services envisioned to enable travel sellers to develop new channels, attract new customer segments and match them with latest trends.
Antoine Medawar, vice president Mena, Amadeus said: “The industry is evolving at a fast pace, owing particularly to high internet, mobile and social media penetration rates.
Travellers are more demanding and connected than before thereby making it imperative for travel agents to adopt the right technologies to excel in their service to customers as well as generate added revenue.
“In our eleventh consecutive participation at ATM, Amadeus seeks to highlight how premium content and solutions can drive business results. We hope to capitalize on the platform provided by ATM to inspire the travel industry and enable travel agents to reach new markets and customers as well as expand content, technologies and solutions tailored to our customers’ needs,” he added.
A key differentiator for travel agencies in today’s competitive landscape is their ability to stay connected with their customers and enrich their travel experience. During ATM, visitors will have access to demos of a new “travel on the move” solution from Amadeus.
Solutions including Amadeus e-Power, a reliable, secure and scalable internet booking engine and Amadeus e-Travel Management, the online self-booking tool used by more than 5,000 corporations worldwide will be amongst key highlights for Amadeus in the online space, demonstrating how travel agents can increase profitability and expand their business.
Amadeus Content Store, released exclusively in Mena, will offer travel agencies access to over 150,000 worldwide hotel properties sourced from the region’s popular aggregators and wholesalers at effective prices.
Fierce competition from online players and direct channels warrant the need to effectively find the most competitive air fares. With solutions such as Amadeus Master Pricer and Amadeus All Fares, travel agents can find the best fares and provide an added value to their customers.
Several solutions that assist travel agents save costs, increase revenues and enhance productivity including Amadeus Ticket Changer, Amadeus Custom Desktop and Amadeus Offers will additionally be showcased during the trade event.
Day four will also see Amadeus’ participation in a panel discussion titled ‘How to fully utilise the GDS’ during which the industry’s leading players will shed light on the various aspects of the GDS with a view to educating travel agents on how to make best use of the system to enhance growth and productivity. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO