Saudi Savola Q1 net profit up 47pc
Riyadh, April 17, 2012
Saudi food and drink manufacturer Savola Group recorded a 46.7 percent first-quarter net profit rise, beating forecasts.
The firm reported earnings of 242.2 million riyals ($64.6 million), up from 165.2 million riyals a year earlier, according to a statement posted on the bourse website.
The result beat a survey of five analysts who forecast on average it would earn 235 million in the period. In January Savola said it would likely have first-quarter net income of 220 million riyals before capital gains. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley