Powerboat racing series planned in UAE
Dubai, April 22, 2012
London-based promoter Powerboat P1 Management has revealed plans to launch a new series in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
“This is a very significant announcement for Powerboat P1 and for the Middle East region as a whole. For the first time we have an investor from the UAE with the conviction to support our vision as it makes sound commercial sense,” said Powerboat P1 chairman Asif Rangoonwala.
“We can now move forward to successfully develop a national level powerboat racing series in this key market where both watersport and motorsport activities are well supported and enjoy such a high profile,” he said.
The UAE joins established series in the UK and the US, which successfully ran the new P1 Panther 28SS race boat in P1’s SuperStock national championships last year.
Powerboat P1 has already engaged a promoter to launch a new Indian SuperStock series in winter 2013, as it continues its programme of international expansion.
“Launching SuperStock in the UAE is a natural progression for Powerboat P1 as everyone in the powerboat racing world knows the importance of the Middle East region,” said chief operating officer Robert Wicks. “We are attending the Dubai show to enable Powerboat P1 to talk to the marine industry and, of course, to display our race-proven P1 Panther craft.”
Powerboat P1 has secured Dubai-based Onside Sports to find commercial partners for the new SuperStock UAE series with commercial director James Durbin working with Onside Sport’s Jeff O’Brien on the project, said a statement.
Onside Sports is a multi-disciplined group of sports business professionals who have a proven track record in adding strategic and commercial value to rights holders such as Powerboat P1. Its existing partners include the National Olympic Committee of the UAE, UAE Rugby and the Dubai Sports City. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely